Welcome to Petersfield Church of England Aided Primary School
As a “good” school, we have ambitions for all our pupils and have high expectations of them. Pupils, staff, parents and governors strive to create an environment where children are safe, happy, self-confident, behave well and are successful across a broad and balanced curriculum.
Petersfield Church of England (Aided) Primary School is a small, but growing, rural school serving families from within the parish boundaries of Orwell, Arrington, Croydon, Tadlow, Whaddon and Wimpole. We are committed to providing a high quality education within a Christian context and we work hard to create a caring environment, both inside the classroom and out. By focusing on excellence, enjoyment, perseverance and building relationships we support and inspire our pupils throughout this stage of their lifelong learning journey.
Our February 2016 SIAMS report highlighted that "the distinctiveness and effectiveness of Petersfield Primary as a Church of England school are good because:
- School leaders have clarity of vision, drive and ambition for the school, founded on the Christian ethos.
- Pupils demonstrate significant strengths in their social, moral, spiritual and cultural development.
- Imaginative and challenging RE teaching ensures pupils of all abilities are engaged and high standards attained."
It went on to identify that:
- "Relationships are exemplary, modelled by adults and particularly strong between older and younger pupils through the 'buddy' system.
- Staff have high expectations of pupils which is reflected in the progress they are making in their workbooks.
- The school's values are clearly stated and recognised by all stakeholders.
- Excellent links have been established with the community, including with the Parish Church.
- There are significant strengths in teaching and learning in RE at Petersfield. Teachers use imaginative approaches to engage pupils of all levels of ability.
- A high level of challenge is evident in the 'big questions' explored across the age range.
- Leaders, including the incumbent and the chair of governors, have the vision, ambition and drive required to secure future success.
- SMSC is strong and the emphasis placed on this by school leaders is recognised and much appreciated by parents. The articulate, thoughtful and open-minded engagement of pupils in discussions with each other and with adults is testimony to the effectiveness of the leadership of Petersfield CEVA Primary School."
We very much look forward to welcoming you to Petersfield where, as partners in learning together, we strive to provide the very best for each individual.
Karen Gwynn and Laura Penrose, Co-Headteachers.
23rd Sept - Our Service of Thanksgiving reflected on our many uses of water. The preserved food was donated to the Jimmy's Night Shelter whilst money was raised to go to All We Can - helping to provide clean water in Uganda and other countries.
13th and 14th Sept - We welcomed a significant number of our parents to our Curriculum Evenings to hear about the timetables, curriculum, homework, Learning Links and very high expectations for 2016-17. If you missed these evenings, please see your child's classteachers to find out more.
13th Sept - Watch out for the ENORMOUS crocodile lurking in school, made by our pupils as just part of our Roald Dahl day.
6th Sept - Governors attended the first FGB meeting of 2016-17 to plan the strategic direction of Petersfield. Do you have the skills and enthusiasm to join our Governing Body?
5th Sept - We are incredibly proud of our pupils for their very positive attitude to learning on the first day of the 2016-17 school year.
WASP SAFETY at Petersfield - following advice from the tree surgeon and pest control, for your safety, please avoid the areas taped off where wasps are feeding on the willow sap.
Could you be a caretaker? We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic, conscientious and self-motivated person to provide a key role in maintaining our school site to ensure a welcoming and safe environment for all. Click here for more information.